Grant Application Process
Upon completion of this Tutorial, participants will be able to
- Describe potential hypotheses and relevant endpoints that could be used to evaluate markers for different clinical uses
- Have a better understanding of how clinically relevant biomarkers can be identified, including special considerations for handling high dimensional molecular data
- Recognize the importance of standardization of assay procedures early in the development process, to include characterization of both the analytic and clinical performance of the assay
- Understand statistical principles that should guide the development of single analyte and multiplex tests
- Evaluate the appropriateness of various clinical study designs for at least one type of marker
- Identify the differences in regulatory options and requirements (US and European) to bring new cancer biomarkers to market
The grant will include
- Free registration for the Tutorial
- Free registration for the main meeting
- Refund up to 750 euros for travel expenses (only economy class tickets for flights and first class tickets for train will be reimbursed). Please make your own travel arrangements. The EORTC will refund your travel expenses upon receipt of your invoice together with the original tickets attached.
- Reimbursement of accommodation at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel*
*The participant who will attend the Main Meeting will be reimbursed for a maximum of four nights at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel [up to 189 Euros per night (breakfast included)]. For the US participants, we will authorize an extra night; i.e. a maximum of five nights. For participants who will only attend the Tutorial, the EORTC will reimburse a maximum of three nights for US participants; i.e. two nights for EU participants. The EORTC will reimburse hotel expenses on a single room, bed & breakfast basis upon receipt of original hotel bill. Any personal expenses (mini-bar, telephone, multimedia services, etc.) will not be reimbursed.
Those who would like to apply for this grant should submit
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Interest (that you will mention within your application form)
- A letter from the division director endorsing their current research plan and attendance at the meeting (1 page maximum)
Application for "Early Career Oncologists / Scientists" is now CLOSED.
We will notify the final Status of their applications by 15 July 2011.
EORTC is partially supported by the Belgian National Lottery and by the Belgian Federal Science Policy Office